Auto Repair Advice
We will be happy to prepare a written damage appraisal at either Twin City Collision Repair location in Lafayette or at Indy Collision Center in Indianapolis. If you can’t come to us, or if your car is not operable, please call our office and we will be happy to come to you or have your vehicle towed.
Twin City Collision is a preferred service provider for most insurance companies so only one estimate is necessary.
How to Protect Your Vehicle Finish
The body shop uses the latest waterborne technology from Spies Hecker – a premium reﬁnishing system from Europe. Spies Hecker waterborne products feature lower levels of solvent emissions, resulting in a reduction in air pollution*.
As Europe’s leading manufacturer of automotive reﬁnishing products, Spies Hecker has over 125 years of experience. Spies Hecker has combined its waterborne technology and expertise with the outstanding workmanship of select body shops, like the one you have chosen, to ensure that you receive a beautiful and long-lasting ﬁnish for your car.
Makes it easy to be green!
To keep your car’s ﬁnish looking like new, we highly recommend that you follow these useful tips:
- Hand wash your vehicle with warm water and a mild auto wash detergent in a shaded area.
- Remove stains and bird droppings as soon as possible to prevent acid etching of the new paint ﬁnish.
- Avoid washing your vehicle with hard water.
- Avoid polishing or waxing for 90 days.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid drying your vehicle with a dry cloth to prevent scratching the ﬁnish.
- Avoid commercial auto washes for 90 days.
- Avoid spilling chemicals such as antifreeze or coolant on the ﬁnish.
- Avoid scraping snow or ice from the vehicle’s ﬁnished area.